In the last twenty years now, the various countries and major international organizations have been promulgating legislation and directives whose aim is to discipline the use of energy in order to preserve the environmental quality and to contribute to protect the heating systems safety.
Proper maintenance of the installations, if organized on time, allows to face the incoming season with a machine that is not only in its best conditions but also able to avoid wastage by ensuring energy saving and a resulting reduction in management costs.
The technicians of Termotecnica Pericoli are often involved in direct interventions in the field and they visit many poultry farms and productions realizing that the maintenance of the plants is underestimated or neglected.
This not only affects the performance of the climate system but also affects consumption and therefore management costs.
This problem was also found on our indirect air heater combiTERM and we decided to draw up a list of important tips and useful operations in order to always get the most out of our products.
What does scheduled maintenance involve?
The programmed maintenance plan should be carried out at least once a year it should include:
- A complete inspection of the fuel supply system, in order to check possible leaks and, if necessary, to replace all parts that are degraded by the passing of time or by accidents
- A proper cleaning and maintenance of the burner unit
- For the indirect air heaters, an adequate cleaning of the heat exchanger, paying particular attention to the smoke evacuation side
- On generators fitted with auxiliary fan with belt, a tension check and, if necessary, the subconsequent regulation
- A functional test of the generator, in order to verify that the starting and working cycles are conform exactly to the data shown in the user guide
- A check of the smoke evacuation, and if necessary a measurement of the chimney draft
- A functioning check of climate controls and safety device
- A check on the combustion efficiency and the subsequent burner regulation (every two years)
What are the benefits of good maintenance?
A planned maintenance of the heating system guarantees:
- Lower fuel consumption (around 10% less)
- Reduction of environmental pollution (emissions of carbon oxides and nitrogen oxides)
- More security for users
Every system, in order to ensure its safety and efficiency, must also be maintained in good operating condition; this planning has not only results in terms of economic benefits but is also a sign of civilization because it allows you to answer the common need to save on consumption, living in a healthier and safer way.
Learn more about combiTERM
combiTERM is the indirect air heater whose main characteristic is its application versatility.
The unique stainless steel combustion chamber guarantees an efficient heat exchange between the exhaust smoke and the clean air released in the surrounding environment.
The product is designed to fit any installation thanks to the variety of accessories and removable elements that make it extremely versatile.
The innovative design of the wall-housing assures easy handling, transport, and installation.
All the products designed by Termotecnica Pericoli – included our indirect air heater- meet all the requirements and certification standards regarding emissions and consumption. It can, therefore, be sold in Europe as well as in the rest of the world.
Discover all the models and performances by visiting its product sheet.